8.06.2014

LITTLE EXPLORERS

IMG_6235j

Zack was at work, the house was quiet, and a storm was approaching. It was too hot earlier in the day, so I took advantage of the cooler weather that blew in. I can’t spend too much time in nature. Is that possible? Certainly, not where we live!

IMG_6236j

Holding the hand of a toddler is easily one of my favorite things in the world. A bit squishy, a bit firm, never a loose grasp. Perfection.

IMG_6237jSIZE

“Mom the grass touched me!”

Life is hard.

IMG_6240jIMG_6246jIMG_6247j

The world is her dance floor. I hope it always is. Rock that confidence, P!

IMG_6266jIMG_6267jIMG_6271J

Out house exploring!!

We found an empty acorn shell! …and a wasp nest…

IMG_6276jIMG_6278j

“Ew, Mia, put that down!  It’s icky.” 

“What is it?”

“It’s something icky.”

I looked but I found nothing icky.

IMG_6279jIMG_6280jIMG_6285j

^  Dancing  ^

Hard.

IMG_6290j

Queen of the mountain. Lovely adventurer’s spirit.

IMG_6295jIMG_6296j

“Hey, Amelia, can I see your rocks?”

[pulls them close]

I can take a hint. –but not before I take a photo! ;)

IMG_6298jIMG_6311j

Still holding her rocks. :)

SIZE1

I’ve mentioned (once or twice) that I am so grateful for our large and abundant trees. I certainly wouldn’t trade them for a sidewalk!

IMG_6320j

We also found an empty egg shell by the garden!

IMG_6329j

When did she get so big??

IMG_6338j

We also discovered our first cucumbers!

IMG_6343jIMG_6341j

“Mom, look at me!”

Penelope: Photographer in training.

IMG_6348jSIZE2IMG_6367jSIZE3

We had so much fun exploring rarely visited places in the yard. When I homeschool, nature will definitely be part of the curriculum, and the yard will often be the classroom! I never stop learning, and boredom never finds me outside. I hope that is passed on to my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like: : :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...