10.13.2014

SNAPSHOTS: : 49

_MG_9160kj

What a busy couple of weeks (make that a busy month) we’ve had. Non-stop. Party preparation, party, new babysitting job, allergies, preschool, bathroom construction, regular to-do’s and Zack working 6 days a week. It’s been rough.

_MG_8641

We had 5 spills before P’s party started. :)

_MG_8661

^  Coaster skates!  ^

_MG_8671_MG_8682_MG_8689

We had our first fire of the season at Penelope’s party!

_MG_8695_MG_8701

Of course, it was a “Frozen” themed party. :)

_MG_9081_MG_9088

While Penelope has been at preschool, Amelia and I have had lazy drawing time / reading several books to fill an hour. Windows open, candles lit, soft music playing. It has been our only down time. It’s been wonderful.

_MG_8920danc

Those moves. Moves accompanied by loud singing. Songs she makes up as she goes. I’ll never tire of it. 

_MG_9108j_MG_9109kj

Since I have begun babysitting three days a week, Penelope has not been homeschooled. I regret it each day it is pushed aside. Yesterday I pushed everything else  aside and spent quality time teaching my precious, eager four year old. I felt full.

_MG_9121kj

We spent 25 minutes of the morning watching “The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown” in my room. Ignoring any to-do list my female mind wanted to come up with.

^  I can’t bring myself to wipe off those finger prints on the mirror.  ^

_MG_9143kj

I finally cleared the gift bags and bits of birthday packages off my desk (a.k.a. – the gift table)!

Little victory, big sigh of accomplishment.

_MG_9146kj

Black Beauty found a new favorite begging spot. Sorry, buddy, you still can’t come in.

_MG_9159kj_MG_9151kj_MG_9155kj_MG_9152kj

My helper. That face. I honestly cannot get enough of it.

Constant rainy days have been fitting of our moods. Not that we are gloomy, we are in a nesting-hibernate-read for hours-live in our pajamas-make up songs and sing them as loud as we can mood. I’m not ready for the sun to get in the way of such greatness. Long-johns, wool socks, hoodies, and the brightest lipstick we can find. Cider candles. Crock pot meals daily. No excuse to skip a chance to have a dance party in the bathroom while our freshly lacquered nails dry. Magic.

We are going to see our college besties this weekend for my birthday!! I am going to enjoy every second I have left of year 26.

I have no idea when I will blog again, but hopefully it will be soon!!  A week away was weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like: : :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...