9.09.2014

TIME WITH RAE

IMG_8037j

Today I took Amelia to Lowes, or as Penelope calls it, “The Diamond Store.” I wanted to find some plants for the house (No luck…), and I thought it would be a nice, quite place for her to explore without being told ‘no’ fifty times, which is her usual experience at any store.

_MG_8009j_MG_8014j

Right off she became fascinated with the pink flamingoes on display throughout the garden area. She wasn’t obsessed, but rather, adored  them. She was so sweet about it. Her “’Bir-birs!” – Penelope calls flamingoes, “Mangoes.” :)

IMG_8019jIMG_8024jIMG_8025jIMG_8026j

I told her I’d think about it, and suggested we walk around outside for a bit. She quickly became interested in the tags on these rose bushes. I assumed you had to buy the thorny plant in order to take home the tag, so I let her play with it for a while, then we moved on.

IMG_8028jIMG_8030j

…I caved.

IMG_8031jIMG_8033j

Five dollars and thirty-seven cents of pure joy. She made the most adorable squeals and spoke the absolute cutest gibberish as she hugged her new bir-bir so tight.

IMG_8035jIMG_8036j

She proudly strolled to the checkout counter with her new buddy tucked under her arm.

SIZE3_MG_8040j

She even snuggled with it on the way home.

I have removed the metal sticks, so she can play with it in the house. Penelope told me when she arrived home, “Oh no! It needs sticks so we can stick it in the garden!” I told her maybe next time we visit the diamond store, she can pick one out and place it in the garden. I could see a huge weight lift off her shoulders. :)

2 comments:

  1. Omg that is the cutest thing I've ever seen.she's got it happily tucked under her arm and even fell asleep with her bir bir. I guess I know what to get her for her birthday lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birds and horses are her favorite. "Bir" was her first word! We got her a tiny flamingo doll from Florida, and she carries it under one arm and the big plastic one under the other. :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like: : :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...