3.21.2013

Favorite Things

DSC_2752
This week has flown right on by. Here are some things that has made this week special for us.
Spur-of-the-moment breakfast out with my ladies.
“Yogurt!” is on Penelope’s list. :)
DSC_2824
“Pincess” apron from Great-grandma Waid, and “pincess” night gowns worn all day (or at least until it became covered in flour!), ‘cause it’s shmancy.
DSC_2759
Winter hats hung on display. I am a teensy bit glad winter weather is not over here in Missouri. I’m not ready to part with A’s new hat. Just one more week should do the trick, then goodbye not-so-pleasant weather.
DSC_2899
Christmas money well spent. I received this beauty in the mail yesterday. Anyone who knows us knows we are a family who enjoys music! Our friends, Daniel and Heather, would come over to our house in college and listen to records with us as we whipped up homemade pizza. They gifted this Disney album to Penelope when she was born, adding to our collection. Our last record player kicked the bucket a while ago. I am so happy to have a way to play our albums. Dance parties will be a’happenin’!
DSC_2930
New clothes unpacked. I am happy about this next one yet not so thrilled because, “slow down child!” is not sinking in. In her defense she doesn’t understand English. A is now in 9-12 month clothing. Yikes! These were some of my favorite jammies of P’s, when she was twelve months – not four! I discovered the hole in the toe I had long forgotten about, so they will be tossed today, I just had to enjoy them one more time.
DSC_2920
Penelope’s new favorite toy was my favorite growing up. A wooden car my Uncle Royce made me. It is now Cinderella’s new way to stroll through Mr. Roger’s neighborhood. Like younger me, Penelope totes it around by placing her fingers in the holes. :)
DSC_2932
These piggy banks from Aunt Paula make Penelope so happy. Penelope gets allowance for helping around the house (helping wash dishes, getting a new trash bag for Daddy, feeding Reese, etc.). She runs to her room to put her change into the bank, and counts as they drop in. When Mommy and Daddy haven’t paid her in a few days, we give her two dollar bills. It makes me so happy when she shares her money with her sister. She often asks to put her money in Amelia’s bank. We will round up her money for our trip this summer for her to spend.
DSC_2935
Potpourri pig from my Aunt Darlene. Another favorite from my childhood. It still smells amazing! Potpourri pig (What I named her, I was a clever child.) and Cinderella go hand in hand, according to P. Sometimes I catch Penelope sneaking a smell. :)
DSC_2939DSC_2941
My final favorite is also how I have been winding down at the end of a long day. I have been making dolls for the girls. I want them to look very homemade. I think that has been accomplished. This is Penelope’s. She picked out horse fabric for the dress. I am hoping to get these done over spring break (By the end of this month).
The rest of our week will be spent packing for spring break, finishing up gifts for my sister’s baby on the way, and spending time at school with Zack Saturday.
Hope everyone is having a great week. I will be posting about our trip next week as things happen.
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the girls...when I see the girls' pictures on the screen I want to reach right into the computer and hug 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In her defense she doesn't speak English...lol totally got me this morning, I love your humor Jade :) I myself still have a plush pink dinosaur named Mr.Diny Diny still resting at my bed side that my mother got me when I was 6. Special trinkets to us as kid never really leave our side ;) I am sure Penelly and Miss Mia will have plenty of wonderful favorite things that you give them for them to treasure as well!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like: : :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...