4.09.2013

Saturday at the Park

IMG_1076
Warning: : PHOTO OVER LOAD! :)
IMG_1034IMG_1035IMG_1036IMG_1037
Saturday was the first actually warm day here. It was super windy, but we tried to look past it.
Picnic at the park seemed like the perfect way to celebrate such weather.
IMG_1046
Diaper changes in the car. Those are 2T pants, ya’ll! Not a perfect fit, but too close for me! Thankfully we had a pair of Penelope’s pants lying in the car. Not sure why, but who am I to question such a gift? Pants are pants.
IMG_1055IMG_1061
Slides are the bomb-diggity. I can just see the look on Penelope’s face years down the road as she reads over this and notices that her Mom sent the phrase bomb-diggity out into the cyber world for all to see. Let the embarrassing begin!!!
For the record, my parents were not the embarrassing type, but then again, had they ever said “bomb-diggity”…
IMG_1066IMG_1067
Best. Park. Ever.
We actually had a Rogers family reunion here a couple years back!
IMG_1083
Shortest slide I’ve ever seen.
IMG_1085
Remember the rocking horses we had as kids? The kind with barely-there handle bars. Now they have seats with walls. No boo-boos on their watch!
IMG_1116
Windy, but warm.
IMG_1127IMG_1128
Cute and she knows it.
I hope she always knows it. Sometimes life takes over and negative views of others overtake Mama’s bias “you’re the most beautiful girl in the world!” complements fall to the back of the line.
IMG_1133
Nothing cooler that watching dirty water from a bridge. Well, maybe watching fish swim by. We’re making lemonade… or “Lemon” as Penelope calls it. We’re making Lemon out of Lemons?
IMG_1139
I never want her to be this far from me again. Never. Makes me sad just thinking about it. After I type this post, I’m going to crawl into bed with her and snuggle and kiss that most-beautiful-of-faces over and over.
IMG_1148
I hope they are always this close. I’m sure that is not a realistic thought to have, but I’m keeping it. Locking it away.
IMG_1154
Checking for Mommy’s presence.
I love my girls.
Thank you Lord for the blessing of my children. After what he saw in me as he hung there on the cross, He still thinks I deserve the wonderful task of raising such beautiful beings. I hope He is, in turn, blessed by the job I do.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, He's blessed. More than you know.
    Beautiful blog, Jade. It's great that you realize how fast the years go and you choose to enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like: : :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...