5.11.2014

POOLSIDE

IMG_2340

Saturday, I gave myself a “day off.” A day off from cleaning, ‘parenting,’ cooking, and all things my days usually entail. I slept in past six o’clock, got caught up on computer things, watched a show I  like, and ate breakfast in bed.

While Amelia slept, Zack set up the pool. I have looked forward to that moment for weeks!! So, I caved and joined in on the fun.

IMG_2357pool1

The water was c o l d. (You’ll notice, Penelope never sits down.) I ran around the house looking for proper pool toys. I think I did a pretty good job. Penelope watered my feet with her watering can. I made a point to keep my camera with me, so I could use the ‘ole, “Don’t splash me, I have the camera!” trick. Worked like a charm.

012011IMG_2371

Penelope became so good at scooping with the fish net, I hired her as our regular ‘pool guy.’ Cutest pool guy ever. She will of course be rewarded with mullah. She’s saving up for a carousel ride at the zoo. ;)

IMG_2380

We made waves. She had to balance [on her belly] on the beach ball – Daddy tried every trick to get her fully soaked. No dice. She could be a rodeo rider. Eight seconds on an enraged thousand pound bull? No problem!

IMG_2416016

The yoga mat served as a good cushioned place to get out of the pool.

IMG_2403

^  See! Daddy tried every trick in the book. Stay strong Ploppy!  ^

IMG_2423

Before lunch, Penelope treated herself to some sunbathing. My favorite way to dry off.

IMG_2429

In honor of my protest from household duties Zack made one of his masterpieces, homemade corndogs. So good! Of course, we had  to eat on the deck.

Everyday I am reminded of just how grateful I am for this place we call home and the biggest gift the Lord has blessed us with – our ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like: : :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...