9.04.2014

A TYPICAL MORNING

_MG_7606j_MG_7609j_MG_7613j_MG_7617J

Usually, the girls wake up, brush their teeth and go potty, while I clean the kitchen (if it needs it). I know I should get better about cleaning the kitchen at night before bed…someday. After they’re cleaned up, they sit at either the dining room table or the kitchen table and color, talk, or ^ like above- play with the iPad (so long as they share it). Oatmeal is a pretty regular breakfast around here. My girls enjoy hot cereals, but aren’t too fond of milk, so I avoid cold cereal unless we’re out of everything else. Pancakes are the favorite.

_MG_7735jd_MG_7749jSIZE1

After breakfast, I vacuum, and tidy up a bit while they get on shoes – or boots, who am I kidding. We all know they pick boots every time.

First thing we do outside, is feed Black Beauty and Maple. Maple enjoys the cat food more than her own. Even if the cat ate all of his food, Maple has to lick the crumbs.

_MG_7764

Maple’s face is dirty, and it makes her look so sad. :(

One of these days I’ll give her a bath…but not today.

IMG_7635jIMG_7642jIMG_7644jIMG_7649j

My gardener. She finds plucking tomatoes oh so fun. She does not like tomatoes, but insists on biting into one (to see if they’ve become delicious?) every time we go to the garden. She takes a bite, enough to break the skin, and then brings it to the chickens. They love  tomatoes!!

We head over to the garden / swing set before the sun comes out and makes the slide hot. Penelope darts for the slide, and Amelia likes to check for goodies at the garden with me. Some times she picks stuff that isn’t quite ripe. Its all good though, the chickens will eat anything. :)

IMG_7652jIMG_7655jIMG_7663jIMG_7670jIMG_7671jIMG_7678j

He knows how to get in high places but has no idea how to get down…or is scared.

SIZEIMG_7684jIMG_7686jIMG_7688jIMG_7690j

After I’m done watching them play (‘cause you know they’re never going to be done on their own!), we feed the chickens and check for eggs.

IMG_7697jIMG_7700j

We bought some ceramic eggs, in hopes we could trick the hens into laying eggs. Two days in and still no eggs. We’re pretty bummed.

IMG_7707jIMG_7710jIMG_7713jIMG_7716jIMG_7718jIMG_7728jIMG_7729j

Next, we EXPLORE and run run run!! This is when I typically take photos of our time outside. We might go outside later in the day, but I only bring the camera out in the morning.

IMG_7733j

^  Can’t wait to start this bad boy up!!  ^

IMG_7740j

The girls get about 20 minutes on the porch before we head back in to finish cleaning, begin school work, and get a snack.

I look forward to our mornings. Certainly a happy place to be. Well, if no one is cranky. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like: : :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...